Support to Navigate Life’s Difficult Moments
Everyone experiences times during their life when professional support is helpful. It’s perfectly normal. As an adult, you may find yourself overwhelmed with stress due to depression, work issues, relationship problems or loss. As a parent, you may be at a loss for what to do with an anxious teen. I can help you sort things out and create change.
Issues I Treat
- Anxiety issues
- Relationship Problems
- Trauma & Dissociative Issues including people with a history of abuse
- Life Transitions
- Self-harm (also called cutting)
- Eating Disorders – Bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, emotional eating (also called compulsive eating), over-exercise and people with a long history of dieting.
An Eating Disorders Specialist
My years with the renowned Renfrew Center established me as a specialist in eating disorder treatment. Over the years, I’ve worked with hundreds of clients seeking recovery from bulimia, anorexia and other eating disorders. I also help people with emotional eating and binge eating, treating the deeper issues related to overeating that traditional weight loss programs are incapable of helping.
Types of Services
- Individual therapy: One on one talk therapy
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Support sessions for parents of clients
- Group therapy: I periodically offer separate groups for teens and adult women in recovery from an eating disorder, a group for people who want to stop emotional eating, and a support group for partners and family members of those in recovery.
Approaches in Therapy
- Insight-oriented therapy
- Mindfulness and Intuitive Eating
- Scientifically supported treatments such as FBT: Family Based Therapy, CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and DBT: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
My goal is to uncover what your symptoms may be signaling about aspects of your life that need attention and change. I will encourage you to experience each moment as new rather than repeating unsatisfying patterns. I will help you to change behaviors that feel outside of your control to actual choices. You can feel like your best self once again.
You can get answers to many of your questions on my frequently asked questions page. You can also email me or call with your questions. We’ll schedule an initial appointment to get to know one another and develop a personalized plan from there.
I see patients from Bucks and Montgomery Counties in my comfortable Buckingham office. Skype appointments are available as appropriate.
Whether you’re the parent of an adolescent dealing with anxiety or an eating disorder, or you’re going through your own challenges, getting support is a positive and wise thing to do.
My number is 267-221-6478. Please call. I will be happy to answer your questions.